Tuesday, June 12, 2012

let the adventures begin!

Welcome!
I'm starting this blog as a record of my travels and to share my experiences with my family and friends. My first adventure will be to Bilbao, Spain! I leave in ten days for a five week study abroad program at the University of Deusto, where I will be taking two Spanish courses. I will be living with a host mother in Bilbao, and hope to immerse myself in the culture of this city in Spain's Basque Country. My program also includes excursions to a variety of cities and historical sites throughout Spain. Following my five week program, my sister will join me for an extra ten days of exploration!

As I embark on my adventures, I keep in mind these wise words from Mark Twain:
"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw of the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."

(This will be a bilingual blog! Spanish translations of my entries will appear along with the English versions)

¡Bienvenidos!
He creado este blog para recordar mis viajes y compartir mis experiencias con mi familia y mis amigos. ¡Mi primera aventura será a Bilbao, España! Hay diez días hasta que salga para un programa de cinco semanas de estudiar a la Universidad de Deusto. Estoy matriculada en dos clases. Me quedaré con una madre anfitriona en Bilbao, y espero meterme de lleno en la cultura de la ciudad del País Vasco. Mi programa incluye unas excursiones a varios ciudades y sitios por toda la España, también. ¡Después de completar el programa, mi hermana vendrá para pasar diez días más de explorar!

No comments:

Post a Comment